Thursday 23 August 2012

Last of the Summer Soiree

So August bank holiday weekend is fast approaching, a weekend that symbolises, dare I say it...the end of summer!  So with this in mind I think we should embrace this extended weekend and enjoy some summertime living, even if the weather isn't up to scratch.  I'm thinking Pimms, sundresses and sombreros...erm, maybe we should leave the sombrero!  

Anyway with this in mind here are some gorgeous outdoor spaces to inspire you to create a summertime oasis of your very own.  




I just love fairy lights outside, they are festive, subtle and above all oh so elegant.  I have invested in some solar powered fairy lights this year that I have simply wrapped amongst the wall climbing plants and trees, so come nightfall they sparkle.  


The Butterfly Lane al fresco collection is just so chic (even if we say it ourselves!).  It looks like your most treasured crystal but in fact it's acrylic!  This collection can also be used for inside soirees throughout the rest of the year.  I like to get cost per use out of my purchases, so I know I'll be using the stunning salad bowl time and time again.  



View the full al fresco collection here
No party would be complete without the cocktail du jour, so here is a favourite at Butterfly Lane HQ, which was first discovered at The Booking Office at the St Pancras Renaissance.  I hope you enjoy it!  

The Champagne Cobbler:

1 slice of orange
1 lemon wedge
1 fresh, skinless, pineapple wedge
3/4 oz Maraschino liqueur
4 oz Champagne 

Muddle the fruit an Maraschino at the bottom of a bar glass.  Add ice and Champagne, stir gently and strain in to a Champagne flute.  Garnish with orange peel and serve.  Et voila!  
  




Anyway, here's hoping for a beautiful September so we can extend our summertime fun a bit longer.  

Remember to look at our new online boutique!  We hope you like it.  

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner





No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...