Wednesday 24 July 2013

AW13 Fashion Hit List, Part I: Footwear

Ugg AW13 Campaign                              
The weather has taken a rather dreary turn and as I gaze out of my study window I see nothing more than flash flooding and grey clouds with the occasional flash of lighting.  Not exactly the tropical summer dress wearing days that I have become accustomed to over the past few weeks.  Needless to say I need no excuse to shop, but the blast of miserable weather has turned my attention to the new collections, albeit a few months earlier than I would usually partake.  

Shoes and boots are always a key purchase and for AW, and for AW13 I'm all about brogues in deep burgundy patent and smoking slippers in embellished suede, however there is always one winter footwear staple that I cannot live without (much to my boyfriends dismay), the Ugg boot. 

I have been an Ugg boot convert for the past seven or eight winters and they are my go to brand for snuggly, comfortable, casual winter boots.  A 'country living' staple, thanks to the sturdy sole and casual appeal.  I will defend my boyfriend who thinks they are not at all feminine and are 'clumsy' looking, they are, but they are also most importantly comfortable.  In a world of painstaking fashion choices...a pointy stiletto anyone? Your feet will thank these boots.  

I know they are not 'new' in the fashion world, but I wear a pair each winter until they need putting in the dustbin!   They are my go to 'pull on' boot for trips to Sainsbury's and walking the dog, granted not the most glamorous of activities, but a practical, day-to-day living boot.    

The new collection which is available online at John Lewis looks simple and classic, just what we like to hear.  I think I'll be opting for the Maddie Boot for my next pair.   I might also be swayed by a pair of their snuggly slippers and gloves too!   

The Maddie Boot is on my wish list, £225
Slippers 
Gloves



What is your winter fashion staple?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

We always love to hear your comments...