Thursday 30 August 2012

Autumn is Approaching

I'm not sure if it's the change of season, the slight chill in the air or the abundance of the 'new collections' that are inundating the shops and online at the moment, but I feel like turning over a new leaf.  A new wardrobe, decorating my home ready for winter hibernation and leafing through my cookery books...stew anyone?  

So on this note I feel completely ready after this busy summer to create an autumnal, cosy hide-away, for me to hibernate throughout the colder months. Now how do I do this?  I think the key words are, Cosy, Warm and Luxurious.  Think velvet, cashmere and candle light.  Here are my inspirations for my seasonal overhaul...

These muted tones are just gorgeous.  I love the soft greys and blues against the peachy tones of the blinds.  The furniture is simple, but the fabric choice is luxurious.  


I just love the simplicity of these curtains, with a simple tie-back detail.  Autumn is a great excuse to add some berry tones to a room.  The berry cushions in this neutral backdrop really adds a warm feel.  Remember to accessorise to create a new look, there is no need to get the paint brush out.  


Nothing screams winter hibernation more than a roaring fire.  A wood burning fire works so well in any home style, but this country cottage room just makes me want to snuggle up in that chair until spring!


Pure decadence!  The darker tones in this room makes it so inviting, and the candle light is a pre-requiste for any autumnal space. 


The mixture of fabrics and muted tones in this room are divine.  We love the beaded throw on the sofa, very elegant.



Our online boutique has ventured in to Autumn today.  Check out our new collection of accessories to cheer you up when the nights draw in...

Shop HERE

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful interiors. They are a great source of inspiration for the autumnal months which are coming up - cosy and inviting! www.thedesignfairy.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the muted tones with a splash of colour-- really love warm bright colours in the autumn but sometimes they can be a bit overpowering when taken too far! Lovely photos. ErdeCeramica

    ReplyDelete

We always love to hear your comments...